OO design is not simply about a set of ideas. In order to understand the subject area one must first have an understanding of the minds behind it and the historical circumstances in which it came to exist in its current form.
People and History
- 427 design standard
- OO tools is a list of a software engineer's arsenal.
- What is Bad Design?
- Professionalism is a discussion on professionalism in software engineering.
Anecdotes from the Industry
Things to Think About
- The beginning of wisdom for a programmer is to recognize the difference between getting his program to work and getting it right. -- M. A. Jackson, 1975
- Software Engineering: An Idea Whose Time Has Come and Gone? (PDF)
- Bad Engineering Properties of OO Languages
- The DCI Architecture: A New Vision of Object-Oriented Programming
- Encapsulation: Python Properties vs Java Access Modifiers - Has Python got it wrong?
- Can patterns be patented? should they be? US Patent 6163813