Sign your work
Revision as of 03:50, 17 July 2008 by Warwick Irwin (Talk | contribs)
Always sign your work on the discussion page. Like this --Wal (2 dashes & 3 tildes)
- It helps people deal with the wiki if they can tell who wrote what.
- You can search to find everything someone has written.
- This technique will be used for assessment of your wiki contributions.
- If you know who wrote something, and they forgot to sign it, you can do it for them.
- Signing does not give exclusive ownership. You can change someone else's work; just sign your change.
- Joint authorship is OK. Everybody signs.
- Authors can be removed, once the work has evolved beyond recognition.
- Don't sign trivial changes, e.g. fixing typos & formatting.
- If anything ends up being written by too many people, sign it with "Everybody".