Bob Martin's principles
Bob Martin's Principles of OOD
Martin does not claim to have invented the ideas he writes about, but he is among their foremost articulators.
Martin's articles can be found in the resources section of Object Mentor.
Principles of class design
- (SRP) The Single responsibility principle
- (OCP) The Open closed principle
- (LSP) The Liskov substitution principle
- (ISP) The Interface segregation principle
- (DIP) The Dependency inversion principle
The five principles above are known as SOLID (from their first letters).
Principles of package cohesion
- (REP) The Reuse release equivalence principle
- (CCP) The Common closure principle
- (CRP) The Common reuse principle
Principles of package coupling
- (ADP) The Acyclic dependencies principle
- (SDP) The Stable dependencies principle
- (SAP) The Stable abstractions principle
- Bob Martin
- A very nice presentation from Bob Martin on the SOLID principles:[Principles of Agile Designs]
- Principles Of Object Oriented Design for examples.